Peanut Butter Bars – Day 2
Day Two of Peanut Butter Mania has begun. Just look at those yummy, nummy Peanut Butter Bars. When I typed the recipe into this post I had to classify it, and I couldn’t decide between breakfast and dessert! I know, I know, it is definitely a dessert. But it just looks good enough to eat for breakfast! Plus it has peanut butter =protein, and oatmeal in it….doesn’t that qualify it as a breakfast food? I won’t judge you for whatever time of day you end up munching down these bars, they are Ah-Mazing!
I honestly do not know what it is about Peanut Butter and Chocolate. What a combination! It just makes me happy inside to think about it, to smell it and most of all to eat it! I think if a scientist ran an experiment on me he would find some happy and awesome changes happen in my brain when I combine those two amazing things together.
Ahhhh, sigh, peanut butter and chocolate I love you.
You might also like...
Peanut Butter Bars
By September 5, 2013Published:
Peanut Butter Bars are like a moist peanut butter cookie covered with chocolate frosting. Not too sweet, perfectly delicious.
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar #1
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar #1
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter #1
- 1/3 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter #1
- 1 Whole Egg #1
- 1 Cup Flour #2
- 1 Cup Oats #2
- 1/2 teaspoon salt #2
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda #2
- 1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar Frosting
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
- 3-6 Tablespoons Milk Frosting
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Frosting
- #1 - Cream together in a bowl the sugars, butter, peanut butter and egg.
- #2 - In a separate bowl sift together flour, oats, salt, and baking soda.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and blend well.
- Scoop batter into a greased 9x13 pan and Bake at 350 degrees for 17-22 minutes. Done when a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- Frosting - Blend together frosting ingredients: powdered sugar, creamy peanut butter, milk and cocoa. (start with 3 TB milk, add more if needed for desired consistency)
- When bars are cooked and cooled. Top with frosting. Eat and Enjoy!
i loooooove peanut butter bars. Tyler and I always disagree about how much cocoa to put in the frosting, though. I of course like less chocolate, and he always wants more! He usually wins because he convinces me that most people are like him and like more chocolate 🙁
I am with Tyler on this one Brooke! The more chocolatey the BETTER!
Umm. Yum. You had me at peanut butter mania.
Ha, ha ha! So true Laura! Hugs!