Strawberry Vanilla Banana Bread Recipe
Okay, so I am definitely a sucker for pretty much any recipe that either starts out with Chocolate, or Strawberries. If it has both than WOW, I am smitten. This Strawberry Vanilla Banana Bread Recipe is really delicious despite the fact that NO chocolate is involved. The flavors all mix together in every bite, strawberries, vanilla and cream. Yum!
I always seem to have brown bananas sitting in my kitchen. My family loves bananas, but we just never eat the entire bunch fast enough!!! Good thing they are so cheap huh?!?!?
There is such a small window of time where the banana is the perfect ripeness for my kids. Under ripe, or over ripe, no way anyone in my house is going to touch it. As a result, I end up making banana bread quite often, or I just throw the brown bananas in the freezer; or sometimes (insert shame face here) in the trash.
I am getting a bit tired of regular banana bread. I had some strawberries in my fridge that were also close to over ripeness (what is it with my house and over ripe fruit?!). And I thought hmm…strawberries and bananas, that is a good combo. I took one of my favorite banana bread recipes and added some strawberries and extra vanilla and man, it turned out really good! I am never sure what I am going to get when I started messing with a recipe and changing it. Today the experiment turned out well! That isn’t always the case:)
It is not a hard recipe by any stretch of the imagination, but it does have a few steps involved, but I promise it is worth it!
My house smells so awesome right now, sweet smelling, freshly baked yummy sweet bread smell everywhere. It was a perfect treat!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 3 mashed bananas
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped or mashed strawberries
- Turn oven on to 350
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda and baking powder together
- In another bowl cream butter and sugars
- Add eggs, vanilla, sour cream and bananas to sugar mixture, mix well
- Stir in strawberries
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix well
- Pour into loaf pan and bake at 350F for about an hour
- Bread is done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean!
- Allow Bread to cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes, then on rack until completely cool
- Optional: you can add 1/2 cup of your favorite nuts if you like.
You might also like...