I LOVE this recipe! I love pretty much anything that I can cook in ONE pan (less dishes ya know!) Plus I am of the opinion that breakfast foods might be the best dinner foods EVER!!! So a one panned breakfast skillet to eat for dinner, GET in my belly!! It is definitely not what I would call “healthy” ….but is it yummy? YES, I think you will like it a lot! What is there not to like? Hashbrowns, yum! Eggs, delicious! Bacon, oh yeah! Cheese, definitely! I included the easy peasy recipe at the bottom of this post for your own eating enjoyment! If you make it I would love to know what you thought.
My family likes to eat this up with ketchup, we eat A LOT of things with ketchup. We are just ketchup dipping kind of people. So serve up some yummy, nummy breakfast skillet for dinner. Or go out on a crazy limb and you can even make it for breakfast…..gasp!!
You might also like...
By August 24, 2013Published:
- Yield: feeds about 5 to 6 people
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 25 mins
Use one pan to serve up a delicious breakfast meal
- 8 slices of bacon or more if you are bacon crazy
- 1 package of hashbrowns refrigerator section at store
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet fry bacon and then remove from pan and set aside
- Put hash browns into skillet and cook according to directions on the package
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat. Add salt and pepper if you wish.
- Pour eggs over the top of cooked hash browns. Use a spatula to divide hash browns in half. Flip them over to make sure the egg on top gets completely cooked.
- While egg is cooking,, chop up bacon into pieces
- When egg is cooked, sprinkle the chopped bits of bacon on top and then sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the bacon. Place lid on skillet and remove from heat. Ready to serve when cheese is melted.