Simple Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
I simply adore chocolate chip cookies. Fresh out of the oven, warm and delicious with a glass of cold milk. This Simple Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe has never failed me. It works every time, and I have baked them more times than I can count!
One of the reasons I love THIS particular chocolate chip cookie recipe so much (there are so many good ones out there) is because it doesn’t require me to have “softened” butter. When I get a cookie craving I do not have time to wait and let the butter SOFTEN! What happens when I have to have softened butter? I try to soften the butter in the microwave and it inevitably ends up melting all over the place which only succeeds in making me MAD and it does not fix my desire to EAT A COOKIE!
So….that being said, let’s move on to the specifics of the recipe. It is delicious, and simple and I hope you will luuuuv it!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (pack it!)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (ok, if you think you want to use semi-sweet, it will be ok-wink-)
- Turn oven on and heat to 325, grease or line your cookie sheets
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt
- In another bowl beat the melted butter and brown and white sugars until well blended, then add in vanilla egg and egg yolk and beat until light and creamy
- Mix dry ingredients into wet until just blended
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand
- Place dough in scoops onto cookie sheet leaving a few inches in between for them to grow
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, look for edges to be lightly toasted and not shiny
- I use a large Pampered Chef scoop to put my cookies on the cookie sheet, it is about an 1/8 cup
- Ovens are all different, watch your first batch CLOSELY, to determine the right cooking time for your oven and then write it down for future reference. There is nothing worse than a burnt cookie!
- Eat a cookie, or two or three cookies, for me! ENJOY!
It’s not that I NEED cookies in my life, they are definitely not a food group (at least that is what people tell me). But don’t you ever just have those days that you simply HAVE to have a warm, delicious cookie while sitting and doing nothing just to renew your spirits? Ok, maybe it’s just me, but I have to hope that there are other cookie lovers out there who will appreciate this recipe as much as I do!
Go and EAT A COOKIE!
You might also like...