Liebster, liebster….what the heck is a Liebster Award??? I was nominated for said award by Laura over at The Experimental Home, THANKS LAURA!!! I love her blog, she was so gracious to do a blog swap with me earlier this week and I think she is adorable and talented.
I was so excited to be nominated for an award, winning any award is super fun, pretty much I like winning things, who doesn’t? After reading Laura’s post about the award and looking it up on good old google, I have learned that it is not an actual physical award. It is a fun recognition from a fellow blogger. Liebster in german means “love”, “sweetheart” or “dearest”. This award is passed around from blogger to blogger to help smaller blogs (like 32turns, wink) build an awesome community. I am so please to write this acceptance post for my nomination, I love blogging! Seriously I am coming in contact with so many amazing women who are so sweet and supportive. Love it!
So, with excitement I accept this nomination and here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1) Thank your nominator and include a link back to their blog
2) Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator
3) Post 11 facts about yourself
4) Nominate 5-11 other up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers-no tag backs!
5) Come up with 11 questions for you nominees to answer
6) Let your nominees know you nominated them so that they too can pass on the Liebster Lovin’
Now that we are clear on the requirement, let’s get started! Here are my answers to the 11 questions that Laura posted.
1) What is your favorite thing about your blog? I love getting to know other people and other bloggers through my blogging. Comments are my favorite, I love people and I love to make new friends.
2) What aspects of blogging do you hope to improve on? I am really working on opening up and letting my whole self hang out when writing my posts. Well…maybe not my whole self, I don’t want to scare anyone away! LOL!
3) Where is your “happy place”? I love to take long baths with an ice cold dr. pepper and a good book.
4) What song is in your head right now? I have been singing that song from the movie “Pitch Perfect” I think it is called the “Cup Song” It is short so I know all the words, seriously a catchy tune.
5)What is your favorite article of clothing? I love Jeans. I have a serious jean buying problem. There is no perfect pair so I have to have lots of them for every occasion, height of shoe, and outfit.
6)What color best describes you? Hmmm..this is a hard question, my husband would probably say red since I am always moving 100 mph and patience is not always my best virtue, so I will go with red. I would like to say blue (calm and collected) but that would just be a lie!
7) Is that color your favorite color? Red is not my favorite color, I don’t really have a favorite color, more like favorite color combinations, but if I had to pick just one, probably pink, bright pink. With 2 girls and then me there is A LOT of bright pink in this house. I like it!
8)Where do you keep your toothbrush? In a ceramic cup on the bathroom counter. If it isn’t there, it is in the shower, I usually brush my teeth while showering in the morning, multi-tasking is what I call it. Gross is what my husband calls it. 🙂
9) What would you do with a free hour? I would take a bath in the winter, or in the summer float kid free in my “momma only” pool float (it is a full lounger complete with head rest AND cup holder, gotta have that!)
10) What did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a Mom and an elementary school teacher. So far Mom (check) teacher, not yet, I do teach piano though which I love.
11) Do you have a guilty pleasure? Of course!!! Who doesn’t?? I love chocolate and Dr. Pepper, and I love going to the movies. We see a lot of movies, usually while eating chocolate and drinking Dr. Pepper! Ok, so that is 3 guilty pleasures but who is counting!
I know you probably know WAY more about me than you ever wanted to know, but the rules state that I also have to share 11 facts about me. I will do you a favor and make them random and bizarre facts just to keep you entertained!! hee, hee!
1) I like peanut butter on my toast
2) I still have my baby blankie from when I was born (no judging!!)
3) I still want more children, I love my 2 girls but really want at least 1 more
4) In high school my mom threw me a surprise Snow White themed Sweet Sixteen party and I started to collect anything Snow White related. My mom, my boyfriend, and my friends would all by me Snow White figurines, stuffed animals, etc. It is all in a box…..somewhere in my house….not even sure where…I should probably try to find it, maybe that stuff is worth something!
5) I LOVE to be busy, when I am busy I actually get more done, backwards right, but it works for me.
6) I am kind of a control fa-reak! I have gotten better over the years, but when my husband and I were first married I would secretly follow after him and re-load the dishwasher or re-fold the towels to my specifications! Crazy Alert!! Thankfully I am not that bad anymore, but there are still some times when I get a little out of hand! I should probably get some help for that.
7) I wish I could sew. My sister does it really well as does my mother-in-law, I should take lessons. People always sew such beautiful things and they make it look easy. It is not easy. I know I have tried and failed. But, someday I hope to be able to sew more than a straight line.
8) I don’t like the dark, I avoid turning off the lights and walking to my bed in a dark room. Something will grab me from under the bed, I just know it! Thank goodness for flashlights on cell phones, it saves me every night from the foot grabbing monsters lurking under my bed.
9) I make a lot of lists, I like lists, this fact goes really well with the control crazy fact #6. I am always afraid I am going to forget something. On my to do lists I even write things like “take a shower” or “do your hair” just so I can check them off. Makes me feel better to have a whole list of things checked off, like I actually accomplished something that day.
10) I like bright colors, I am trying to be more exciting in my life and use them to decorate my home. But the control freak part of me says, “calm the heck down” so I often have inner struggles. I am hoping the part of me that loves lots of color and patterns will win. I will keep you posted on this one.
11) I love to read, and often times when I finish a really good book I go into mourning for a few days out of pure sadness that it is over. I can’t start any new books until this period of respect for the last book just finished has past. My husband thinks this is weird. Well let’s be hones though, he thinks a lot of things I do are weird. Good thing he loves me right?!
Here are the fantastic blogs I am nominated for the Liebster Award…go check them out, you might like it!
1) TJ from Sweet Sugar Blossoms
2) Devin and Tara from Salt and Pepper Moms
3) Iris from Sweet Metel Moments
4) Sheena from Little LDS Ideas
5) Kassie from Designs by Kassie
6) Holly from My So Called Vintage Life
And here are my questions for them!
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What is your favorite thing about your blog/blogging?
3) What the blog post or project you are most proud of?
4) What is your least favorite food and why?
5) What is the best book you have ever read?
6) How do you handle a stressful day?
7) What is one thing your children will remember about you?
8) What is the best thing about you?
9) If you could have any superhero power what would it be?
10) What do you have the hardest time completing?
11) What color best describes you?
THANKS again to Laura for nominating me and thanks to everyone still reading this post! I love you for your help and support in helping my little blog to grow!
You might also like...