Day Five! We are halfway through our Peanut Butter crazy good time! Krispie treats are such a comfort food in my house. So add chocolate and peanut butter to that and you have a pan of amazing Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats!! You will love them, they will comfort you mind, body and soul.
Krispie treats remind me of being a kid. Kind of like a good song takes you back to a specific time and place. Do you know what I mean? Eating one takes me back to feeling like a kid, carefree, trouble free, and footloose. I love it!
Being an adult is great, but sometimes it is not all I thought it was cracked up to be! It can be stressful and hard. Sometime I need a break, and a yummy treat is just what the doctor ordered. Make some, eat one, it might do the same for you!
You might also like...
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
By September 8, 2013Published:
A divine treat. Rice Krispie cereal, peanut butter and chocolate paired together to make your insides do a happy dance!
- 1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/3 Cup White Sugar
- 1 2/3 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 6 Cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or margarine
- 8 Ounces Chocolate Chips
- In a saucepan bring to a boil the corn syrup and the white sugar
- Add in the peanut butter. Remove from heat and stir in the rice krispies
- Place in a buttered 9x13 pan
- Melt the chocolate chips and spread over the the mixture.
- Let the chocolate and krispie treats harden and then cut and enjoy!
- Course: Dessert