Easy Taco Soup
Oh, the weather here in AZ has been unseasonably HOT for February! In fact last week we broke the record all time high for the state, 86 degrees! What….it isn’t supposed to get this hot until around April! Most of you in other places still have some chilly weather. So in a tribute to AZ winter gone be early and to give you a good recipe for an cold day, I am sharing my Easy Taco Soup!
I first tasted taco soup when my sweet friend Jamielyn from I Heart Naptime brought me some over for dinner. Yum! I quickly got her recipe from her and have made this soup more times than I can count. I have tweaked and changed it a bit here and there to fit mine and my family’s taste buds so here is what I consider a perfect Taco Soup recipe!
Make it, share it, and I hope you love it like I do!
Dice 1 onion and 1 green pepper and saute in 1 Tb of vegetable oil in a skillet until soft. Add in 1 lb of ground beef and cook with onions and peppers until beef is fully cooked. Add 1 packet of taco seasoning to ground beef/onions and pepper mix.
In a large pot or crock pot open and dump the following canned goods. (I use a crockpot because I like to make this soup at lunchtime and have it warm all afternoon so it’s ready by dinner. If you want it hot faster, make it up and eat it right away on the stove.) 1 can of corn, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of red beans, 1 can of mild rotel, 1 can of tomato sauce, and 1 can of diced tomatoes.
Don’t drain any of the cans, just dump it right in!! Easy right!!
After all the canned goodness is dumped and mixed together, scoop the beef/onion/pepper mixture in. Stir it all up, and heat it through.
Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and tortilla chips.
I like to eat my soup more like a dip with chips instead of a spoon! So delicious!
You might also like...
Easy Taco Soup
By March 3, 2014Published:
- Yield: a lot! Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
Yummy and warm, this soup is easy to make and combines all your favorite taco ingredients. Eat with a spoon or chips and enjoy!
- 1 15 oz can of corn
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 15 oz can of red beans
- 1 10 oz can of mild Rotel
- 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Dice the green pepper and onion, saute in a skillet until soft.
- Add ground beef to the skillet and cook with the diced green pepper and onion.
- When ground beef is cooked through, mix in the packet of taco seasoning.
- In a large pot on stove or in a crock pot pour in the canned corn, beans, rotel, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. DO NOT DRAIN.
- Mix all the canned goods together and then scoop in the ground beef, peppers and onions.
- Heat through and enjoy! Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.